What are your hiring criteria?
- All levels are encouraged to apply, with preference given to students who are rising junior or senior undergraduates and first-year Master's, MBA, or Ph.D students.
- Intern candidates should have demonstrated academic excellence with at least a 3.2 GPA, strong leadership, communication skills and technical excellence in their respective fields.
- Intern candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Dexcom sponsorship, be enrolled in a major in a related discipline, and possess a willingness to reside in the community of the position for the duration of the internship program.
What is the status of my application? What are next steps?
Our internship hiring process generally follows the timeline listed below. You will be contacted directly if you are selected for an interview.
- December 2019, January 2020 - Internship Opportunities posted on Dexcom Websites
- February, March 2020 Interviews
- April 2020 - Offers extended
- May 25 and June 22, 2020 Internship Cohorts start!
What are the dates for the summer internships?
Cohort 1: May 25, 2020 – July 31, 2020
Cohort 2: June 22, 2020 – August 31, 2020
Internships are typically 10 weeks in length; however, dates may be adjusted with approval.
What can I expect from an internship at Dexcom?
We have designed two summer cohorts to offer a comprehensive learning experience. Students can explore our fast-paced culture, experiencing the benefits of developing business relationships and engage in hands-on projects.
How many interns do you hire?
Dexcom typically supports about 50 summer interns across our U.S. sites with a concentration of roles in San Diego.
What will I be paid?
Dexcom offers competitive pay aligned to both level of education and skill. A housing stipend may be applicable based on your proximity to the role.
What Benefits are offered to Interns?
Interns are offered benefits in the form of PTO, paid holidays, and paid sick time. Interns also have access to our onsite gym facilities and fitness classes.
Will this lead to a full time offer after my internship?
Depending on the position and the department, interns may have the opportunity to continue their employment with Dexcom – and we are delighted when they do!
Will I meet other interns?
There will be several opportunities to engage both socially and professionally with peers.